Monday, May 19, 2014

THE OUT VIGIL - Coffee Talk with Peter Boychuk

Peter Boychuk is the dramaturg(e) for Twenty Something's production of Julie McIsaac's The Out Vigil. You might also remember him as the director of Sean Minogue's Prodigals back in 2011 and 2010. Peter is also a playwright and all-around theatre guy who can often be found in the offices of Rumble Theatre.


(Peter keeps it classy in some green space.)


1. How did you become involved with THE OUT VIGIL? 

I was dramaturge and director for Prodigals, Twenty Something's first Spotlight show. Obviously, Sabrina forgot what a pain in the ass I am, because she invited me back for this.


2. If you had to live in either Alaska or Newfoundland - which would you pick? 

I grew up in Whitehorse, Yukon so I've had my fill of the North. Plus I love East Coast music. So Newfoundland here I come!


(The playwright at work...)


3. What is something that you consider to be a mind-altering piece of art? 

The last show that knocked my socks off was Lepage's "Far Side of the Moon" - such a beautiful marriage of spectacle and storytelling.


4. What would your dream theatre project be?

 The Out Vigil: Live on the Bering Sea!

(With Sean Minogue, presumably back in Prodigals days.)


5. Give a shout-out to someone... 

Julie McIsaac, for writing such a fucking great play.


BONUS: What's a youtube video everyone should know about? 

Well, our show is about a couple kids from Little Harbour going to Alaska, so how about a video of a bunch of Newfies covering REM?



The Out Vigil plays May 28-31 at the Havana Theatre. Buy tickets HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment