Saturday, May 24, 2014

THE OUT VIGIL - Coffee Talk with Matthew MacDonald-Bain

Matthew MacDonald-Bain is an actor and musician who has spent much of the last year working behind the scenes on various theatre projects, including Hardline's Of Mice & Men and Bug. He plays music with The Savoys.  Twenty Something is thrilled to be putting him front & centre in The Out Vigil - May 28-31 at the Havana.


(Malcom Dow & Matt are nominated for a Jessie Award for Of Mice & Men)


1. How did you become involved with THE OUT VIGIL? 

I was asked to come in and read for one of the workshops this past Fall. When the workshop weekend was finished, they asked if I'd like to stick around!


2. If you had to live in either Alaska or Newfoundland - which would you pick? 

Most of my mom's side of the family lives in Nova Scotia and I always said that at some point I'd like to live there. I guess Newfoundland's close enough.


(Not sure if that's a wink or a squint but the background looks nice.)


3. What is something that you would consider to be a mind-altering piece of art?

I would have to say Calvin and Hobbes and The Far Side comic strips. I read and re-read them growing up and I feel like they not only shaped my humour, they also helped me form an interesting perspective on my life.



4. What would you dream theatre project be?

I would love to be a part of another production of Les Misérables. Beautiful musical that I wouldn't have to dance in.


(Sweet tree.)

5. Give a shout-out to someone... 

Shout-out to my grandma in Arisaig, NS! See you soon!


(Judging Matt's life by the pictures he shared, this guy's got it all.)


Bonus: What's a youtube video everyone should know about?



No comments:

Post a Comment