Thursday, October 3, 2013

Coffee Talk with Alex Rose

Our last but definitely not least coffee talk with a member of the Speech & Debate team.  Meet Alex Rose who plays "Solomon" as his Twenty Something debut! It's been awesome working with him!


(Alex Rose)

Tell us your I wanna be an actor story...

In high school I got to play Ebenezer Scrooge and then a pimp. I was told at the time that I was convincing in both so I figured I had range.

What is your favourite role to date and why? 

John Proctor. Favourite role because I can't wait to play it again when I'm older and can bring even more of myself to the part. It's a demanding role but the best ones are because it can teach you more about yourself and the craft in general.

If you could be part of any theatre production in the world, what would that be?

Anything by Chekov, Glengarry Glen Ross, What the Butler Saw, and The Crucible.




Why do you think Speech & Debate is an important story to tell?

It's the way in which the play uses topics and themes like homophobia, adolescence, and the relationships between adults and teenagers to tell such a compelling and funny story.

If you had one piece of advice for aspiring young actors, either just starting a training program or going to their first audition, what would that be?

Since I am a relatively new graduate I will pass the buck and let this guy answer the question for me:


Great advice! Speech & Debate opens TONIGHT (Oct.3rd) at Studio 1398 in Granville Island! Make sure you see Alex Rose on stage sometime between now and October 12th (Tues-Sat)!

-Jess Van Elk
Producing Assistant

No comments:

Post a Comment