Friday, August 23, 2013

Coffee Talk with Meaghan Doupe

Welcome to our Coffee Talk series where we will be getting to know the members of the production team and cast for "Speech & Debate"! First off, meet Meaghan Doupe, our stage manager for the production! We are excited to have her with us as this is her Twenty Something debut!



What was your first theatre experience?

My very first theatre experience was when I was very young and my elementary school did a performance of H.M.S Pinafore. I played a part in the chorus and I got to sing and dance with all the other children in my grade. 




What inspired you to go into stage management?

Growing up near Stratford Ontario was probably how I became interested in the theatre. Being a fairly regular patron of the Stratford Festival through the years I was always amazed at the grand quality of the shows and the many interpretations of the Shakespeare classics. The complexity of the shows grabbed my interest; I always wanted to know how it all came together and what better way to discover that then by entering the theatre world itself.




 What is your dream project?

I would love to work with a travelling show that allowed for sight seeing! It would be a great way to combine two of my favourite activities: theatre and travel.

If you won the lottery, what would you do?

If I won the lottery I would love to spend the winnings travelling to places I have never been before. I would love to visit old friends who now live afar and if I could buy time with the lottery winnings I would live in different cities across the globe temporarily to get a taste of lifestyles different from my own.

 

Why should people come out to see "Speech & Debate"? 

It's a dark comedy with context that may challenge comfort level but addresses important societal issues. It's very active and visual and will be a blast to watch.

Thats right! "Speech & Debate" will be a blast! Make sure you get The Double Play Pass (before August.31) - an early bird ticket for $25 dollars for both "Speech & Debate" by Stephen Karam and "Cocktails at Pam's" by Stewart Lemoine (Staircase XI)! Buy it at the link below! 


-Jess Van Elk
Producing Assistant 

No comments:

Post a Comment