Monday, November 28, 2011

Happy Holidays!

I know it's still November but I'm off tomorrow to South America until after Christmas so this is my last opportunity to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and happy holiday season!!

I am going off the grid and completely incommunicado until after the New Year. This means not only will I not be blogging but I also won't be on twitter or facebook. I'm not even taking my laptop OR my iphone. Holy crap! I'm having a panic attack just thinking about it. But, it is really going to be the best thing. A self-imposed complete break from reality is just what the doctor has ordered. This has been quite the year!

As I already mentioned in my post "What A Year (or season)!" this year has been huge for Twenty Something but it has also been an amazing year for me as a designer. I had the amazing opportunity to work on 3 great projects. It all started in March with a little production you may have heard of called Jesus Hopped the "A" Train. I could talk all day about this project and still never quite convey how grateful I am to have had the opportunity to work on that production. Not only because it was an incredible production but because I got to form some amazing artistic relationships with some great people. This is the true gift of Jesus Hopped the "A" Train.

Then 5 months later I got to do it all again with on Romeo + Juliet:


Then next it was on to Vimy at the Firehall Arts Centre:


Plus on top of all this I put together Twenty Something's hugely successful Cabaret show Under the Influence, guest directed another Cabaret show for the True Heroines and directed Red Mitts at the BC Buds.

So, yeah, it's been a busy year, to say the least. And, I've said this a lot recently but I am so beyond grateful it's ridiculous. As I said recently in a facebook status "Sometimes I have to pinch myself and ask "how is this my life?!". This is a very, very good thing."

A very, very good thing indeed. So thank you again (and again and again...because apparently I can't say it enough) to all of you who made this year the incredible year it has been. So, all I have left to say is:

Here's to 2012, more of the same and may it be the best year yet! Wishing everyone a very Happy New Year!!


~Sabrina Evertt
Artistic Producer

No comments:

Post a Comment