Ellen Bayley, a good friend and colleague out in Toronto (actually she helped me start Twenty-Something way back when), asked me to post some information to share with you so of course I said yes. She is currently on the tail end of a year long Metcalfe Foundation Arts Management Internship with Volcano Theatre called "the best independent theatre company in Toronto" by NOW Magazine. Their highly acclaimed production of The Africa Trilogy is being presented again this coming season by Canadian Stage as Another Africa. Being from Vancouver I kind of think of them as Toronto's version of the Electric Company.
In the summer Volcano Theatre offers a conservatory program that includes a series of intensives and masterclasses taught by industry leaders. Some of those courses include:
- Physicalizing Thought with Daniel Brooks
- Movement for Actors with Peggy Baker
- Fitzmaurice Voicework with Noah Drew
- Something From Nothing : Devised Theatre with Quinn Bauriedel (Pig Iron Theatre)
- Michael Chekhov Technique with Cynthia Ashperger
- Viewpoints and Suzuki Technique with Michael Greyeyes
- Bharatanatyam and Beyond with Nova Bhattacharya
The 2011 Volcano Conservatory runs from July 22 - 31 and more information on the program can be found at www.volcano.ca/education.