Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Trash or Treasure

What’s the old adage? One man’s trash is another man’s treasure? Well, we’ll soon find out won’t we?

This Saturday, June 26th Twenty-Something Theatre is holding a Garage & Bake Sale with all proceeds going to our upcoming production of Blue Surge.

Some of the lovely items up for sale include:

-clothes (and for those of you who know me, know I’m a bit of a clothes horse. I have four closets and they are all full, actually overflowing would be a better way of putting it. And I’m going to be cleaning them out for this event…)
-books
-records
-house wares
-a couple of snowboards
-and other junk (uh, I mean "treasure")

And, of course, so much baking you’ll wish you had a bigger stomach. My sister is a graduate of both the VCC Culinary Arts program as well as the Baking and Pastry Arts program. Currently she does the baking for a bakery (I forget the name) that supplies all the baked goods to all the Blenz locations across the lower mainland. She’s amazing and I’m not just saying that cause she’s my sister. Look for yourself at some of the cakes she’s made and decorated:







Yeah, and they are delicious too! Seriously, it’s dangerous to my waistline having her as my sister. They’ll be an assortment of cookies, muffins, loaves and tarts all for your eating pleasure. Like I said…DANGEROUS!! (Someone is going to have to remind me that it’s for selling, not for me to eat)

The sale begins at noon and goes until 5pm. You can find us outside of 1251 Cardero Street (just off Davie street in the West End).

So, come down and check out all the wonderful treasures on sale, or just hang and have a chat and a cookie!!

And, if you are one of the crazy people who like to plan out their garage sale routes and check out 3 or 4 sales on one Saturday our friends over at ITSAZOO (great minds think alike) are also holding a garage sale this coming Saturday at 765 Victoria Drive.

See you on Saturday (and please pray for sunshine)!!

~Sabrina Evertt
Artistic Producer

No comments:

Post a Comment