Friday, March 12, 2010

Blogiversary

Tomorrow is my blogiversary. On March 13th of last year I just started writing this blog without much intention behind it other than to talk about our upcoming production. Well it turned out to be so much more than that because soon I was also discussing ideas. Then people started leaving comments and a conversation was started. Next thing I knew I was invited to attend the PuSh Festival and discuss the shows on my blog (I won’t say “review” because that term unknowingly opened a whole can of worms). In one year, my little blog, took on a life of it’s own and for that I can only say thank you.

First, I have to say a big thank you to Simon Odgen (@thenextstagemag). A couple weeks after that first blog post he dedicated a whole post of his own to introduce me to the blogging world without me even asking him to do so. I was stunned but I couldn’t have asked for a better intro.

Next I have to say thanks to Rebecca Coleman (@rebeccacoleman) & Lois Dawson (@SMLois) who, along with Simon, became my first followers on twitter and welcomed me into the scary world of social media. Soon after Simon wrote his post Rebecca included my company in a post profiling three of the young companies in town. Oddly enough I’ve yet to meet Rebecca in the real world (we’ll have to change that soon, I think) but last year around this time I first met up with Lois to talk theatre biz (we’ll work together soon, hopefully).

I’ve also got to thank Kenji Maeda (@kenjimaeda), another social media friend whom I’ve never met…yet, who soon after Simon and Rebecca mentioned me in their posts, re-posted my post on tips for auditioning on his website/blog.

These 4 people early on supported my blogging efforts and gave me the confidence to continue. I can’t thank you enough.

Thank you to a few of the other individuals for posting comments & participating in the discussion: Travis Bedard (@travisbedard), Nancy Kenny (@nancykenny), Brittney (@bfg85), Sterling Lynch (@SterlingLynch), Jessica Ruano (@jessicaruano) & Andrea Loewen (@PacificTheatre). Plus thanks to Nicole Stodard (@DramaDaily), who most recently added me to her list of female theatre bloggers.

And for all those Twitter friends who have quietly followed along to my blog ramblings, put me on lists, commented on posts via twitter or RT’d. Thanks!

If you are on Twitter, and looking for some cool people to follow (many of whom also have blogs) here is the list of those individuals:

@shamelesshussy, @TheatreUBC, @getrealtheatre, @tjbuffoonery, @lekogirl, @A_Wonderland, @chriscasquilo, @CynnamonS, @shanebee, @krisjoseph, @DaveCharest @VancouverOpera, @atomicfez, @IanAMartin, @thedavidbeach, @hidtal, @Toronto_Fringe, @theArtsClub, @nicolemcluckie, @FilmguyWon, @jimgattone, @christinequinty, @seanminogue, @debbieshing, @vanmusicals, @foyee, @autoblot, @CarouselTheatre, @josiejose, @dloehr, @mightyjoanna, @PuShFestival, @clangmuir, @_AndreaWarner, @zacalfson, @kendavenport, @gayvancouver

Wow. That was just the biggest #FF (or #FollowFriday) ever.

I of course wanted to include as many people as possible but I’m sure I’ve forgotten some people along the way. So thanks to all the people who I may have failed to mention. If you read this blog or follow me on Twitter drop me a line or leave me a comment I’d love to hear from you in the future.

Many Thanks!

~Sabrina Evertt
Artistic Producer

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing writing that is worth reading and responding to. Much more to come I'm sure ... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Has it been a year already? Holy hellfire, that went fast. It's an honour sharing cyber-space with you my friend, thank you for the constant generosity and wisdom. Very much looking forward to much more of the same.

    Happy Blogiversary, let's have a drink soon to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been a year! I know, it crazy.

    Yes, let's have a drink soon because I think we were supposed to have coffee back in January before life, work and the olympics got in the way:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank YOU! I think it's fascinating to read about what's happening with your company and I think you also have some really interesting insights to share. I appreciate a look at the other side. So thanks for starting a blog and for making it a very open and honest one at that. I hope it's a trend that continues...

    Also, I can't wait to make it to Vancouver to actually see a show one day!

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Brittney! I hope you make it out here one day too. That way we can meet in person. So weird sometimes just talking to people through the interwebs.

    ~Sabrina

    ReplyDelete