Sunday, January 10, 2010

Happy New Year

So, it’s been almost a month since I’ve posted anything on this blog. The reason is I’ve been working on “Debt – The Musical” and it has a bunch of specialty kind-of costumes (ie. Sexy Credit Cards and Fish Mascot Costumes….don’t ask, just go see the show) that have taken up a lot of my time. Yesterday I was so sleep deprived I wandered aimlessly around my house for 45 minutes because I kept forgetting what it was exactly that I was supposed to be doing. Not a good sign.

But last night’s preview was completely sold out and costume-wise everything went off without a hitch so I am happy to report I can go back to having a normal life (whatever that is).

What day is it again? Sunday. Ok, and somewhere in the last month we had Christmas and New Years, right?! It’s all been a blur to me. I’ve been reading a lot of other people’s posts reviewing the year we’ve left behind and talking about the year ahead. So I guess it’s my turn.

2009: 36 shows seen, 2 shows produced, 1 show directed, 2 shows costume designed, 1 show managed the bar as a fundraiser, and 1 new-play development.

There it is summed up in one sentence. I won’t go into too many details because most of it you are already familiar with if you’ve been reading my blog (and if you haven’t you can start now). Of the productions I did see I’ve already talked about the ones that stood out to me: Fat Pig, Any Night, True Love Lies & Robin Hood. An honourable mention does go out to The Vertical Hour at the JAC. So there you have it, my top 5 in no particular order.

A lot of great theatre happened this past year and I’m excited to see what the year ahead brings us.

For us, here at 20-Something, the year ahead is very exciting indeed. We’ve got the first production of the brand new play Prodigals by local playwright Sean Minogue and, of course, our annual summer production. The official announcement will come out soon I promise.

Personally, this year could be a year of big change and a lot of cool opportunities. I don’t want to give anything away yet because I’m a bit superstitious that way. I don’t really like to talk about anything until it is 100% confirmed. But, hopefully, you’ll follow me along for the ride because one thing I am resolved to do is blog a little more regularly.

So, cheers, to a new year. May it be a prosperous one.

~Sabrina Evertt
Artistic Producer

No comments:

Post a Comment