Friday, April 24, 2009

The Rest of the Gang

And, now…the rest of the management team:


Jamie Desjardins – Production Assistant

Jamie is currently a BFA student at UBC who will be graduating this May. During his time at UBC he has worked on many shows and most recently produced their production of “The Greeks”. I’ve only had one meeting with Jamie since the initial interview but I am already impressed with his degree of professionalism. He is very passionate about what he does and takes the initiative to get things done. (He’s organizing auditions as we speak). I rely heavily on the production assistant to get things done especially when I get into rehearsals with the cast. There is no question in my mind that he will have it covered.

Ted Harrison – Stage Manager

I had never met or heard about Ted before he showed up to the interviews. Currently he resides in Vernon and is looking to break into the Vancouver theatre scene. Hiring Ted was an easy decision. He showed up to the interview wearing a suit and tie. Seriously. He also brought a couple prompt books to show me. Now, if any of you know how huge a SM’s prompt book can get, you know carrying these things around is no easy task. I was pleasantly surprised. On top of all this he was super friendly, personable and enthusiastic. I just couldn’t say no. He gave me no choice but to hire him. And, really, that is all you need to know about Ted to know that he will be a great SM to work with.



~Sabrina Evertt
Artistic Producer/Director

No comments:

Post a Comment