Sunday, April 12, 2009

Meet The Gang

Interviews done. Decisions made. I am really excited to announce the design team for this year’s production. We’ve got some wonderfully talented people so without further ado:


Jergus Oprsal – Set & Lighting Design

Jergus most recently did the Lighting Design for “Jocasta” at Studio 58 and before that the Set & Lights for Pi Theatre’s most recent production of “Bashzir Lashir”. I actually first worked with Jergus when we both participated in Pi Theatre’s (now defunct) Emerging Artist program called Prime at Pi and their production of “Werewolves”. I was the Costume Designer. He was the Set Designer. There was a dirt floor and a free-standing wall that collapsed at one point during the show leaving only the door frame. I think that says it all.

Amy McDougall – Costume Design

Amy is back again this year after designing the costumes for last summer’s production of “SubUrbia”. She did a great job of creating a distinctive and individual look for each of the characters. I was so impressed by her work that I asked her to assist me on the costume design for the Firehall Arts Centre’s production of “Stuff Happens” the following fall. This summer she will also be working in the wardrobe department at Bard on the Beach and I cannot wait to see what she comes up with for "Unidentified Human Remains and the True Nature of Love".


This year I decided not to have a sound designer. I am interested in experimenting with silence and then using the voices of the actors and their words to create an underscore to the play. We’ll see how it works out but that is the plan at the moment. I'll keep you posted.

~Sabrina Evertt,
Artistic Producer/Director
[And, just in case you are wondering, 'what the heck is all this talk of doing costume design', during the regular theatre season, September/October – May/June, I also work as a professional Costume Designer].

No comments:

Post a Comment